After doing a post about my favourite heavy metal ballads, I have to include power ballads from the 80s. I’m more of a “b” side kind of lady, so my list isn’t filled with popular songs. I have quite a few, so this is a list of twenty.
1. L.A. Guns – One Way Ticket.
2. Faster Pussycat – Please Dear.
3. Blackeyed Susan – Best of Friends.
4. Warrant – Bitter Pill.
5. Alice Cooper – Hell is Living Without You.
6. Motley Crue – You’re All I Need.
7. Whitesnake – Too Many Tears.
8. Joe Lynn Turner – Endlessly.
9. Helix – Make Me Do Anything You Want.
10. Streetheart – What Kind of Love is This?
11. Nazareth – Dream On.
12. Toronto – Don’t Walk Away. (Unfortunately I can’t find a video on YouTube, but if you get the chance, find the song and listen to it)
13. Tesla – Love Song.
14. Def Leppard – Blood Runs Cold.
15. Kix – Tear Down the Walls.
16. Mr. Big – CDFF–Lucky this Time.
17. Shotgun Messiah – Living Without You.
18. Kiss – Tears are Falling.
19. Thunder – Loved Walked In.
20. The Last Vegas – Apologize. (Okay, they’re not from the 80s, but the song reminds me of a ballad from the 80s, probably because Nikki Six co-wrote it.)
That’s it. What about you? What are your favourite power ballads from the ’80s?