Some of my fave romances fall into this category. He loves her, but she’s with him, but that certain him isn’t very good for her. The Last American Virgin comes to mind when I think of unrequited love. It was a cheesy eighties movie I can recall watching. The ending threw me for a loop. Boy, I didn’t see that coming. I won’t elaborate or I’ll spoil the plot for you if you’re bored enough to rent it.
Anyway, one of the songs featured in the movie stuck with me: Oh No by the Commodores. So I thought I’d do a list of songs (yes, I’m a music junkie) dealing with those longing for another from afar. As in previous posts, I won’t go with the obvious since those are pretty easy to find.
1. What Kind of Love is This? by Streetheart. This is one of my faves.
2. Send Her to Me by Autograph.
3. If You Needed Somebody by Bad Company.
4. She Don’t Know Me by Bon Jovi.
5. Oh No by the Commodores.
6. Have You Ever Needed Someone so Bad by Def Leppard.
7. Crying in the Shadows by Gary Moore.
8. When it’s Over by Loverboy.
9. When You Walk in the Room by Agnetha Fältskog.
10. I’ll Be Waiting by Tailsman
What about you? I only managed ten, so I’d love to hear what songs make your top ten list.