Today, I have author JL Regen in the interview chair. We’re discussing her latest release Secret Desires, a contemporary romance. Don’t forget to check out the excerpt.
1. First, what’s your favourite scene in the book? Not in regards to writing, but reading, and why?
JL: First encounter.
2. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your book?
JL: I’ll do a sequel
3. What do you love most about your two main characters?
JL: They care about each other and people.
4. What makes you want to shake your two main characters?
JL: Second chances–we all deserve one.
5. If you could spend time with one character from your book, who would it be? And what would you do during that day?
JL: Edward over dinner.
6. If your two main characters dined together, what would they cook up? It can be breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even a snack.
7. How did you come up with the title for your book?
JL: Based on a true story.
8. If your book was made into a film, who would you like to play the leads?
JL: A younger Helen Mirren and a younger Richard Chamberlain.
9. If your book was a candle, what scent would it be and why?
10. If your book had a theme song, what would it be and why?
JL: Taking a Chance on Love.
11. If your book was a colour, what would it be and why?
JL: Lavender for tranquillity and spicy red.
12. If a reader asked you why they should read your book, what would you tell them?
JL: A spicy and tender love story.
13. What can we expect from you in the future?
JL: A sequel and three historical suspense novels set in WWII that have romance within.
Author: J.L. Regen
Title: Secret Desires
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Book Length: 200 pages
Release Date: September 8, 2017
Publisher: JL Regen Enterprises
Second Chances at Love.
Blurb: Nothing in Margo Simmons’s life comes easy. She can’t claim the inheritance on a condo apartment her uncle has left to her until she is gainfully employed in a job for a year. She meets the man of her dreams but anguishes over a loving relationship because he is still emotionally tied to his deceased wife. With great difficulty, she becomes the guardian to a recently orphaned child she had been tutoring. Margo evolves from an insecure, newbie elementary teacher into a woman determined to fulfill the secret desires locked in her heart. My story speaks to anyone who has suffered a loss and had to start over.
Margo Simmons gripped the edges of the leather chair, waiting for details from the family lawyer about her Uncle Harry’s death. She hoped it would be shorter and less painful than the reading of her father’s will.
An older gentleman extended his hand. “I’m sorry your mother couldn’t be here.”
Margo looked up from her reflections to acknowledge him. “Thanks, Mr. Steinberg.”
“You’ve grown into a lovely young woman.”
Margo blinked back tears at memories of good times shared with Uncle Harry. “Not so young. I’m twenty-three.”
The portly man squeezed himself into a swivel chair and peered at her over wire-rimmed bifocals. “I’m ancient compared to that number.”
Margo gripped her knees to steady her nerves. “My mother wanted to come with me, but they’re downsizing at her dress shop. She was afraid to leave early. My stepfather is furious because Uncle Harry didn’t leave him any money.”
Mr. Steinberg saddened at the sorrowful expression on the young woman’s face. “It pains me to hear Jerry hasn’t changed his ways. However, since you’re the only one present to hear your uncle’s will, I’ll get to the point. Harry has left you his Riverside Drive condominium apartment and the sum of two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.”
Margo jumped up from the chair and hugged the man. “This is a miracle. I can’t wait to tell my Mom. She’s wanted me to get out on my own. Now I can. Though I wish it hadn’t come with the loss of my uncle. I adored him.”
J.L. Regen’s book was inspired by a real life story of lovers who join hearts against many odds. She lives in the New York metropolitan area, is a published photojournalist, has short suspense stories online, and has taught English as a Second Language to students around the globe. This is her first contemporary romance. She has also published three nonfiction books and is crafting a historical suspense set in World War I.
Find J.L.: Web Site