Today, I have author Pia Manning in the interview chair. We’re discussing her latest release Coming Home, book two in the Caveman Creek series, an erotic romance. Don’t forget to read the excerpt.
1. First, what’s your favourite scene in the book? Not in regards to writing, but reading, and why?
Pia: I liked Buck’s bar. Chris, Matt and Eric decide to take Sherry there to celebrate her decision to move in with them. There’s pool playing, karaoke crooning, cheese curd eating fun! Coming Home is set in a small town in NW Wisconsin, and Buck’s represents this area in so many ways.
2. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your book?
Pia: No, I don’t think so. I’m usually pretty happy with the finished product.
3. What do you love most about your two main characters?
Pia: The folks in the book love each other, and express their love in ways that are sexually satisfying, but also respectful and caring.
4. What makes you want to shake your two main characters?
Pia: I really wanted my gang to press charges. And I’ll just leave it there!
5. If you could spend time with one character from your book, who would it be? And what would you do during that day?
Pia: Sherry Evans. I’d love to hang out at her daycare and play with the kids.
6. If your two main characters dined together, what would they cook up? It can be breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even a snack.
Pia: Hmm, probably spaghetti and meatballs. The guys try hard, but that’s about the only dish they really know how to cook.
7. How did you come up with the title for your book?
Pia: Sherry has been bounced around a lot as a kid. Her fondest memories are of Pinecone Creek, so for her, opening a business and deciding to live in Pinecone really was a homecoming for her.
8. If your book was made into a film, who would you like to play the leads?
Pia: Megan Fox or Alexandra Daddario
9. If your book was a candle, what scent would it be and why?
Pia: Fresh apple. Why, cuz fish fry scented candles don’t exist.
10. If your book had a theme song, what would it be and why?
Pia: Hmmm, you have me on this one!
11. If your book was a colour, what would it be and why?
Pia: Blue-for the cerulean blue skies on crisp Wisconsin days.
12. If a reader asked you why they should read your book, what would you tell them?
Pia: I’d tell them that it’s a story that will take them away from their cares and troubles for a while. Don’t we all need that kind of a break?
13. What can we expect from you in the future?
Pia: Caveman Creek Bk3!
Title: Coming Home
Series: Caveman Creek, Book 2
Genre: Erotic Romance
Heat Rating: Explicit sex, adult language and situations.
Word Count: 30,000
Publisher: Siren BookStrand
Release Date: February 14, 2022
Can a small town preschool teacher find happiness with three men?
Blurb: Newly licensed daycare provider Sherry Evans is seeking a place to call home. And an affordable site to open the child care center she’s always dreamed of before her funding expires. What Sherry is not seeking is a romantic entanglement. But building contractors Matt Bauer, Chris Carter and Eric Simmons have other ideas. Can Matt, Chris and Eric convince Sherry to love three men?
Sherry suddenly and unexpectedly found herself between three of the hottest men she’d ever met. They were tall and heavily muscled. Sherry imagined herself as the safest woman on planet Earth. Safe, yes. Nervous? Oh, hell yes. She now wondered if the T-shirt that she’d happily slipped over her an hour ago looked okay. Her eyes darted across it, checking for stains. Then she remembered that she hadn’t eaten anything yet.
She dredged her brain for details about sports teams and construction equipment, in case the men wanted to talk about them. But she didn’t follow any teams, and knew next to nothing about building stuff. The group approached the grill and the butterflies in her stomach morphed into buzzards. Sherry dreaded the sit down and talk part that came next. Those gorgeous men wanted to talk to her, Sherry. And she’d have to answer them. Fear of boring the trio swamped her like an incoming tidal wave.
When they reached the picnic table, Matt and Eric waited for Sherry to sit down before they claimed seats on either side of her. Chris sat opposite her.
Jake bit back a laugh. He and Lana found places at the end of their table. “Guess they’re not taking any chances.”
To learn more about me, my life and the people in my world, visit my website.